Scripture Women & the Easter Jesus
2nd May 2019 @ 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Fr. Brain Nolan, will expand on his very interesting Lenten Lecture to discuss the Easter Jesus and Scripture Woman over a series on lectures on the Thursdays in May
The lectures are free and take place in the Chapel of Adoration on the South Side of the Church.
Admission is free
May 02 VALIANT WOMEN OF The OLD TESTAMENT
- Five women thwart Pharaoh’s genocide of Israelites, Exodus 1:15-2:10
- The destitute widows Naomi & Ruth provide an ancestor of David, Ruth
- The highly competent Abigail marries the future King David, 1 Sam 24
May 09 OUTSTANDING WOMEN OF THE NEW TESTAMENT
- The mission of Mary as the mother of the Messiah, Luke 1:26-38
- Two pregnant women network & affirm each other Visitation, Lk 1,39-45
- A pagan women “puts manners on” Jesus, Matthew 15:22-28
- Paul networks with evangelising women, Romans 16:1-16
May 16: THE PASSION OF JESUS THE MESSIANIC KING
- Why was Jesus crucified?
- What did crucifixion mean at that time, and how was it carried out?
- What does the crucifixion of Jesus mean for us today?
May 30: THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS (AND THE WORLD)
- What did death mean for the Mediterranean world at the time of Jesus?
- Did the Israelites expect an individual to rise from the dead?
- What does it mean — and demand — to be the “risen people”?