Vacancy – Part-time Sacristan
The Parish of St Peter’s Phibsborough is currently recruiting a part-time Sacristan.
Role: to provide a high level of support to the parish priest and parish team in the running of the Church at weekends (Saturday/Sunday) and on Monday evenings.
- Preparing the Altar and Sanctuary for Mass and other liturgical services e.g. Baptisms, Funerals, Weddings, and assisting where necessary.
- Opening and closing the Church at agreed times and general security awareness.
- Ensuring that the Church is maintained to a high standard, including daily hoovering of Sanctuary and notifying maintenance requirements to the Administrator.
- Care of candle shrines including removal of used candles and replacement with new candles.
- Care of Sacristy including vestments, linens etc…
- Co-ordination of Church collectors.
- Good communications skills and a flexible approach to working as part of a team.
- Reliable, punctual, sensitive and respectful.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church and its liturgical life.
- Health and safety awareness/First Aid desirable.
The successful candidate will be required to have Garda Vetting and undertake Safeguarding training.
Applications should be made to the Parish Priest, St Peter’s Church, Phibsborough, D07 FW29 enclosing a CV and cover letter no later than Friday 18th February 2022. Alternatively you can email these to: firstname.lastname@example.org.