Scripture Woman & Easter Christ
Schedule of Lectures
May 02 VALIANT WOMEN OF THE OLD TESTAMENT
- • Five women thwart Pharaoh’s genocide of Israelites, Exodus 1:15-2:10
- • The destitute widows Naomi & Ruth provide an ancestor of David, Ruth
- • The highly competent Abigail marries the future King David, 1 Sam 24
- May 09 OUTSTANDING WOMEN OF THE NEW TESTAMENT
- • The mission of Mary as the mother of the Messiah, Luke 1:26-38
- • Two pregnant women network & affirm each other Visitation, Lk 1,39-45
- • A pagan women “puts manners on” Jesus, Matthew 15:22-28
- • Paul networks with evangelising women, Romans 16:1-16
- May 16: THE PASSION OF JESUS THE MESSIANIC KING
- • Why was Jesus crucified?
- • What did crucifixion mean at that time, and how was it carried out?
- • What does the crucifixion of Jesus mean for us today?
- May 23: Guest Lecturer (to be confirmed)
- May 30: THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS (AND THE WORLD)
- • What did death mean for the Mediterranean world at the time of Jesus?
- • Did the Israelites expect an individual to rise from the dead?
- • What does it mean — and demand — to be the “risen people”?
Scripture Women & the Easter Jesus